Chicken Baked with Pumpkin
This casserole with savory bites of lean chicken breast, pumpkin, and fresh herbs has a whopping 25 grams of protein per serving and only 182 calories.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 cups cubed raw pumpkin (½-inch cubes)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an ovenproof pan or casserole dish.
Add pumpkin, thyme, and chicken broth; cover.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Enjoy as is, or serve over cooked brown rice.