Healthier Seven-Layer Dip
This recipe provides a lighter version of seven-layer dip, that is heavy on fresh veggies, and uses non-fat refried beans and low-fat yogurt instead of sour cream. For more of a kick add spicier beans and add chopped jalapeño!
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 8 oz low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, no salt added
- 1 (15-oz) can nonfat refried beans, warm
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. shredded cheddar (or pepper jack) cheese (½ oz)
Here are your instructions:
Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
Add lime juice, salt, and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
Combine yogurt and taco seasoning in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Top serving platter with beans, avocado mixture, yogurt mixture, tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and cheese.
Serve with baked tortilla chips.