Soba Salad with Asian Vegetables and Golden Tofu
Craving pasta? Try this dish of soba noodles and veggies.
Ingredients for Salad Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. 100% orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
Ingredients for Salad:
- 3 oz. dry soba noodles (or whole wheat spaghetti)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. firm tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 3 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, cooked
- 1 (15-oz.) can baby corn, drained, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
Preparation for Salad Dressing:
Combine soy sauce, honey, orange juice, vinegar, ginger, and oil in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add tofu; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove from heat.
Add tofu, broccoli, peas, corn, water chestnuts, cabbage, green onions, and dressing to noodles; toss gently to blend.
Divide evenly among six serving plates.