Summer Chickpea Salad
This salad of crunchy radishes, juicy cherry tomatoes, mild green onions, chickpeas, and feta is delicious with or without lettuce. For a different spin, combine the leftover bean mixture with a can of tuna! Keep the mixture separate from the salad greens until you’re ready to serve, then top with creamy avocado slices.
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium red radishes, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 6 cups salad greens
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (½ oz.)
- ½ medium avocado, chopped
Here are your instructions:
Combine lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add oil, whisking continuously until blended. Set aside.
Combine radishes, green onions, chickpeas, and tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Evenly arrange greens on six serving plates. Top evenly with chickpea mixture, cheese, and avocado.